This is how salsa should be. Fresh, Smokey, zingy, spicy if you like it spicy, and perfect on just about anything. Eat with wild abandon.
- 500 g [1 lb] tomatillos
- 3 – 4 jalapeno peppers
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1/2 bunch coriander [cilantro]
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- sea salt
- lime juice to taste
- Roughly chop coriander leaves and stems, set aside.
- Peel tomatillos and rinse to remove any stickiness.
- Roast tomatillos with jalapenos and garlic under a hot grill [broiler] until everything is just charred.
- Cover to steam while cooling, remove skins and seeds from jalapenos, remove skins from garlic.
- Blend all ingredients to desired consistency and season as necessary.